Chris,

  I'll wont go on after this but will just repeat that the only historical
evidence (from me- see earlier) on reentrant theorbo sizes in A or G is for
large instruments. If you have anything like the Praetorius, Mace, Picinni,
Talbot evidence on large theorbos but clearly relating to smalI instruments in
this tuning, I'd like to see it please.

  MH

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
  Martyn,

Argh - I get it, you don't agree with my and
others' take on the matter. However, I must point out
(as others have ad nauseum) that your arguement relies
quite heavily on speculation and selective disregard
of aspects of the historical record. What I don't
like so much is the tone that there is "only one right
way."

Countering your assertion that the old ones were very
clear about the instrument, Praetorius, when talking
specifically about the theorbo, had this to say:
"Since constant changes take place in these various
matters, nothing very definite may be stated about
them here."

Chris

Looking for last minute shopping deals?
Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.