From: "Jerzy Zak" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
doesn't happen to often, I'm afraid). But why the real baroque lute is such a black sheep, why such a distaste, reluctance or even aversion? Why the few maniacs only use baroque lute tuning for a continuo, in the age the instrument was born and used?
I am for one emphatically against such usage, even though I occasionally do that against my principles, in front of people. If a baroque lute is audible in an instrumental ensemble- it is likely because it either played a sour note or was late on the entry.....
I do like accompanying a singer though.
RT

Here I see most plainly how the history is selectively used, not excluding HIP. Quite intriguing, isn't it?
Jurek