From: "Jerzy Zak" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
One can buy Weiss or Logi on an archlute if it's for fun or pleasure.
Equally well one can try Pulenc on theorbo or Kapsperger on modern
harp, or Gershwin on balalaika

   That's a bit of a stretch, don't you think? Italian lutenists like
Zamboni or dalla Casa were contemporaneous to Weiss and Logy, Weiss had
   been to Rome for quite a while and had started his carreer there. I
   simply wanted to know to what extend music by Logy or Weiss in
   tablatures for D minor tuning is specific to that tuning

But I've never heared of anybody trying, say, Gianoncelli (1650) on d- m lute, despite Julien Blovin, the famous French lute teacher activ in Italy, or Zamboni, however he lived almost contemporary to the so called Polinski's MS with an inscribtion "Venetijs. 7. 7br. 1712". Quite feasible, isn't it? - but I've never heared of this kind of experiments (perhaps of myself ;-))
I have tried Zamboni on 13c.
RT