Dan is in the UK at the moment, but I am unaware of any stoppage of
gut string making from his shop.  He has 4 employees making gut
strings, and one is my daughter.  I am aware of no lay-off plans.

Dan does use beef gut for trebles, simply because they are better,
stronger, longer lasting.

ed

At 03:09 AM 11/16/2011, Anthony Hind wrote:
>Whether other European makers are going to follow Aquila, I don't know.
>    Hopefully, Dan Larson being outside the EU, will not be too effected.
>    Perhaps Ed can tell us.

Edward Martin
2817 East 2nd Street
Duluth, Minnesota  55812