>    Hera, I do agree with you: it is a little bit too slow, for me as
>    well.... nevertheless, I do indulge in playng it slow because I feel it
>    could work given the texture of the piece.

Most players that I'm aware of, play Piccinini's corrente a bit quicker
(looking forward to Rosario Conte, playing in a forthcoming concert in
Bremen), but I prefer it the way you did it. Not an informed opinion, just
my individual choice. As a listener, I like to discover distinct threads in
the music (provided they are there). I need time to do so. Your performance
facilitates this. It comes close BTW to the way and tempo I imagine French
courantes of that era should be played.

If you compare e.g. http://youtu.be/4Y8ab5CkIAA (never mind the wrong name
of the composer) you will hear what I mean. Hasty and sketchy to my ears.

Mathias