From: lute-...@cs.dartmouth.edu [lute-...@cs.dartmouth.edu] on behalf of howard
posner [howardpos...@ca.rr.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 31, 2013 10:07 AM
To: Lute list
Subject: [LUTE] Re: The English Guitar

On Jan 31, 2013, at 5:24 AM, G. D. Rossi <ceth...@gmail.com> wrote:

>  I've published articles on this topic - it was indeed called "English"
>   at the time, and several other things as well.
>
>   I play the JCB in concert regularly and have recorded it, too - it's a
>   delight to play - both parts work well on the guittar even though the
>   other part is for violin. Jim Tyler and Taro Takeuci have also recorded
>   it.
>
>   Definitely lots of good music there - Straube, Geminiani, Marelli,
>   Schuman...
>
>   I will now bow out of the conversation.

Someone should mention Doc's s album "La Cetra Galante" -- which consists of
English guitar music, including some duets he plays with himself, such as the
JC Bach -- but I'm not going to be the one to mention.  Nor will I mention that
it seems to be available from iTunes, Magnatunes and Amazon.

Someone should also mention Doc Rossi's fine album "Demarzi: Six Sonatas for
Cetra or Kitara" as well as Rob MacKillop's "Oswald: Twelve Divertimentis for
the Guittar."

Enjoy,
Eugene