You can also play that movement on a 13course, without any piano:
http://polyhymnion.org/swv/images/bach5.pdf
RT

On 8/19/2014 8:13 AM, Helen Atkinson wrote:
    Hello -
    I've had such great help from this forum that I can't resist asking for
    more. I'm in long-shot mode again, and purists must turn away (!), but
    I've been asked whether I could play lute to cover the pizzicato
    strings line of the beautiful Largo movement of this concerto. I may be
    accompanying a piano rather than harpsichord, so the anachronism could
    be more extreme still. Is an intabulation of this for a 7-course
    instrument worth pursuing, I wonder? The score can be found here (pp.
    112-113):A
    [1]http://burrito.whatbox.ca:15263/imglnks/usimg/4/4b/IMSLP02260-Bach_-
    _BGA_-_BWV_1056.pdf
    Many thanks