I think the music for the DEvils was all arranged by Peter Maxwell
DAvies - so may not have been "historically" informed.

----Original Message----
From: sfar...@gmail.com
Date: 06/09/2017 19:44
To: "Rainer"<rads.bera_g...@t-online.de>
Cc: <lute@cs.dartmouth.edu>
Subj: [LUTE] Re: Wolf Hall

I've always rather liked this scene from Ken Russell's The Devils.
   [1]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQcNkzs8bn0
   Aside from the fictional elements, any thoughts as to authenticity
of
   performance?

   On Wed, Sep 6, 2017 at 3:34 PM, Rainer <[2]RadS.BERA_GmbH@t-online.
de>
   wrote:

     On 06.09.2017 20:54, Sean Smith wrote:

     I think it's safe to say we pay attention to details of movies
when
     they overlap our areas of specific interest.

     Good point.
     Whenever anything that has to do with physics or (shudder)
     mathematics appears in a movie it is normally plain nonsense.
     Of course, this doesn't matter for non-mathematicians (or
     physicists).
     Rainer
     OF course, I am a mathematician :)