On Sep 6, 2017 19:24, "Tristan von Neumann"
   <[1]tristanvonneum...@gmx.de> wrote:

     Hello Ido,
     this might be of interest to you:
     [2]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYiYd9RcK5M
     [3]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hi-rejaoP7U
     Cheers!
     Tristan

   Thanks! Reminds me of Scots pronunciation.
   Speaking of it, one of the most annoying thing that happens with Burns'
   poems for example is people pronouncing them using southern accents
   which ruins the rhymes, the puns, the general sound and character of
   the poem. A good example is Burns rhyming 'Agley' with 'Joy' in the
   famous stanza from to a mouse.
   "...  The best laid schemes o' Mice an' Men
                     Gang aft agley,
   An' lea'e us nought but grief an' pain,
                     For promis'd joy!"
   Where Joy is pronounced more like 'Jey'
   and 'Pain' more like 'Pen', yet most still
   pronounce it in the southern standard
   thus ruining the wonderful rhythm.
   The same things can happen with early modern english as well, thus OP
   is important. And that's just a phonemic argument, you also need to
   preserve the language or dialect phonetically as to not ruin the
   natural 'flow' to it (Scottish rolling R is a good example, forgoing it
   just messes up the whole 'quality' of the tongue in my opinion).