Abdelrazak Younes a écrit :
Georg Baum wrote:
If you had a serialization that
would not require to implement these wrapper classes for new insets and
that would 'just work' without additional effort (for example by using the
insets read() and write() methods directly), then I think this would be
ideal.
+1

That would be a good first step indeed. But I personally don't think the hypothetical benefit of using "inset globs" in the lyxserver is worth it. I mean, I agree this would be nice to have, this kind of thing is even necessary for simulation programs where you definitely want to separate the algorithm from the GUI but, in our case, I really think this serialization is a typical case of over-engineering and we should get rid of it. That's just my opinion of course :-)
Serialization allows us to have the paragraph-params-apply lfun, for example, which allow to bind any aspect
of paragraph settings to a key or icon.