On Mon, 24 Sep 2007, Abdelrazak Younes wrote:

 Serialization allows us to have the paragraph-params-apply lfun, for
 example, which allow to bind any aspect of paragraph settings to a key
 or icon.

No, what you are talking about is the frontend -> core communication, which I agree should be kept working via LFUN. But we don't need any serialization to do that, just a well defined protocol.

FYI, I've designed some communication protocols and syntaxes, and it's a lot harder and more time consuming than you'd expect. Creating a well defined protocol that covers what's needed is a non-trivial task :-(

Right now, we have a copy of the current ParagraphParam in the controller and this is very wrong.

Is there some other way of avoiding that?

/Christian