Andre Poenitz wrote:
On Sun, Nov 11, 2007 at 06:46:38PM +0100, Alfredo Braunstein wrote:
A small point: when testing we should not limit ourselves to the Userguide.
IMO one of the really strong points of LyX is to be able to deal with huge
documents, like books. (the UG has just 150 pages, it is like a small
book). Btw, we used to test performance with UG20 (just 20 copies of
UserGuide) some time (but I agree that this is kind of extreme, though).

Yes, this plus the fact that one often loads many documents at startup.

But if a concept does not scale up well it's usually a bad concept. So checking with ug20 is certainly still a vaild approach.

And it is always my approach when testing file loading or label/toc updates.

Abdel.