On 01/29/2010 05:18 PM, Peter Kümmel wrote:
Again, maybe I'm too late, but:
Is a switch to XML is really a good idea?

The XML hype is over, we don't use Java, LyX
doesn't run on a Application-Server, and we
live now in a App/web-app world where Json
is more common than XML.

And living in the Latex world this means we should
not use XML but the equivalent for Json in Tex:

Lua. http://www.lua.org/

In future there is a Latex with an embedded script
language

http://www.luatex.org/

which we could use NOW for our needs.

What would help me here is to see a simple example of what the file format would look like.

But I think part of the point of XML is its self-validating and highly structured character.

Richard