Le 03/11/2015 16:16, Stephan Witt a écrit :
Am 03.11.2015 um 16:36 schrieb Guillaume Munch <g...@lyx.org>:

Do you mean that the patch now causes this error message? Under which
circumstances precisely? Is it that if the directory is open in the
finder, then LyX cannot remove the directory? (Under Linux, Nautilus's
behaviour is to move to the parent directory if the current directory is
deleted.)

Yes, the error is displayed by LyX because it cannot remove the temporary
directory while it is shown in the Finder (the Nautilus of OSX).

I'd guess this is the common scenario for the average user:
check the LaTeX log, use the button, switch back to LyX and finally exit LyX -
which raises the mentioned error message and leaves the empty temporary
directory in file system.

It's not the patch causing the error message - it's easier to get it with the
patch.

So the error message is valid. The solution would be to make it clearer. Maybe one could show a better message depending on the failure. If it's "resource busy" then we could add to the message something like "The directory might be currently in use in a different program".

Guillaume