Am Dienstag, 10. November 2015 um 07:34:42, schrieb Guenter Milde
<mi...@users.sf.net>
> Dear Kornel, dear LyXers,
>
> sorry, there were typos in my last post
> (On 2015-11-09, Guenter Milde wrote ...).
>
> Trying again.
>
> On 2015-11-09, Kornel Benko wrote:
> > > Am Montag, 9. November 2015 um 15:50:09, schrieb Guenter Milde
>
> > Thanks, I searched for attachment ...
> > Applied.
> > Running export tests ...
> > Still 165 failed. Not really better.
>
> The patch should disable XeTeX & TeX-fonts unless inputenc is explicitly
> set to "ascii". Unfortunately, the patch does not work.
>
> Even if it worked, most XeTeX tests would still fail, but it would be
> better.
> Intended behaviour:
>
> * With the current default settings (use TeX-fonts, inputenc="auto"), the
>   XeTeX view/export is disabled.
>
>   +1 the fragile corner case with no advantage over pdflatex export is no
>      longer easier to reach than the "proper" use of XeTeX (with non-TeX
>      fonts).
>
> * If the user sets Document>Settings>Language>Encoding to ASCII,
>   or Document>Settings>Fonts>use non-TeX fonts to True,
>   XeTeX export becomes accessible.
>
>   +1 the safe way to use XeTeX with TeX fonts works. So users who rely on
>      this exotic combination can still use it.
>
> * Testing for XeTeX export with default document settings
>   (use TeX-fonts, inputenc="auto") will always fail ("no export route
>   found"), because we explicitly close this "fragile" export route.
>
>   +1 no false positives, no surprises.
>      We expect this combination to fail (similar to pdflatex + non-TeX fonts)
>
>   +1 default XeTeX+TeXF tests can safely be inverted.
>
>   Non-inverted XeTeX export tests would require documents with either
>   "inputenc" == "ascii" or "useNonTeXFonts" == "true".

I can adapt the test machinery to do it.
How to proceed with "inputenc" if it is set to
        auto
        default
        iso8859-1
        latin1
        iso8859-2
        iso8859-15
        koi8-r
        utf8-cjk
        utf8
        utf8x
        EUC-JP-pLaTeX

I understand, that auto, default, utf8* should be mapped to ascii, but what to
do with the rest?
(Especially iso8859-*)

> Günter

        Kornel