On 2015-11-10, Kornel Benko wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 10. November 2015 um 07:34:42, schrieb Guenter Milde
> <mi...@users.sf.net>

Dear Kornel,

for a safe handling of XeTeX + TeX-fonts without hacks in the LyX code, I
recommend to allow this combination only, if "inputenc" == "ascii".

for a safe handling of LuaTeX + TeX-fonts without hacks in the LyX code, I
recommend to allow this combination only, if "inputenc" != "auto".

>>   Non-inverted XeTeX export tests would require documents with either
>>   "inputenc" == "ascii" or "useNonTeXFonts" == "true".

> I can adapt the test machinery to do it.

Either this, or just invert the tests until the document(s) have
"automatic" TeX vs. non-TeX fonts.

> How to proceed with "inputenc" if it is set to
>       auto
>       default
>       iso8859-1
>       latin1
>       iso8859-2
>       iso8859-15
        iso8859-*
>       koi8-r
>       utf8
>       utf8x

For export with XeTeX and TeX-fonts, all these must be set to "ascii".

>       utf8-cjk
>       EUC-JP-pLaTeX

invert XeTeX + TeX-fonts tests, or set useNonTeXFonts to true.

        utf8-plain

Set useNonTeXFonts to true.

For LuaTeX + TeX-fonts, only "auto" needs to be changed. Preferably to the
document languages default encoding, but any 8-bit encoding or ascii will do.

Mind, that changing the inputencoding is only seldom tested and can
exhibit a number of currently hidden problems.  For example, the Russian
documents fail with inputenc==ascii due to #9637 (textgreek and textcyr
depend on font-encoding, not input encoding) where the spurious \textcyr
commands interfere with ERT in the document.

OTOH, the utf8 inputencoding fails with Greek and Russian due to
#9681 (textgreek and textcyr also required for encodable characters).

I therefore recommend also test exporting documents with pdflatex and
inputenc=ascii as well as inputenc=utf8.

BTW: Despite its name, "inputenc" == "default" is a very fragile expert
     option: encode the file in (maybe several) language default
     encoding(s) but don't call inputenc nor include encoding switching
     code... This setting should not be part of the automated export
     tests.)

Hope this helps,

Günter