Scott Kostyshak wrote:

> - I do not understand if we need to do something for #9979?

IMHO only if there is some volunteer who has a fix ready in time. The
conditions for this bug are so special that it also can wait a little bit
longer.

> - Georg has provided a patch to improve building with Python 3 here:
> https://www.mail-archive.com/search?l=mid&q=ncf3fj%24gqh%241%40ger.gmane.org
> Helge has tested that it works for him. Does anyone +1 the patch?

It would be great if somebody with good python kowledge can confirm that the
patch does not break anything with python2. If there is nobody who can
easily confirm this then I propose to apply it after 2.2.0 is out, since it
is not too urgent IMHO.

Georg