I understand what you mean.

However, space is something I can see.

Why is there the same behavior after tex command which is anyway
surrounded by visible red box, if I hit space or if I don't hit
space. It should not be the same.

If space after tex command is not accepted by LyX then the space shall
not be allowed to be hit at that place. User shall explicitly choose
some other space like Control-Space or similar.

Maybe that feature or un-feature shall be explained in the
documentation. Until now I forget it often and I type texcommand rather
for the purpose of variable expansions, and later to find out there was
no space after it. Looks bad.

In general, I am searching for a way to replace variables in the
document. Maybe I don't know to use LyX in that manner.

Is there any other manner to replace variables, like company names,
names or addresses in a LyX document? If yes, I am interested to know
how.

Otherwise, I have to give LyX to multiple people to work for me and to
explain to them to take care of the space after variable replacement. It
makes no sense to teach someone the undocumented un-feature.

LyX is most professional software I have, I am reporting bug only
because I love it.

Jean Louis