Uwe Stöhr wrote:

> Am 25.05.2016 um 00:37 schrieb Richard Heck:
>
>> We have lots of warnings like this. They are usually fixed by doing the
>> conversion explicitly, so probably nothing really needs to be done for
>> the release.
>
> This is suspicious to me because usually MSVC has good reasons for
> issuing a dataloss warning. Moreover I only get this single warning when
> compiling the LyX 2.2 tarball (except of third-party code).
>

> Thus I would like to have this fixed if not for 2.2.0 then asap for 2.2.1.

As it was explained in an earlier message the fix would be to silence the
warning by an explicit cast, as it is done in other lines of code nearby.
The resulting binary code would exactly be the same.

I agree that warnings should be taken seriously, but in this case it is
wanted to cast from a double to an int, so there is no urgency to do
something for 2.2.0.

Georg