Am Samstag, 4. Juni 2016 um 10:15:03, schrieb Liviu Andronic
<landronim...@gmail.com>
> On Sat, Jun 4, 2016 at 9:55 AM, Georg Baum
> <georg.b...@post.rwth-aachen.de> wrote:
> > One thing I noticed recently is the
> > version suffix: Which autotools you can use an arbitrary one, with cmake you
> > can only toggle between a predefined one or none at all, which is a problem
> > if you want to compare two different builds of the same version with
> > separate configurations (e.g. qt4/qt5 or different compiler settings).
> >
> If moving to cmake definitively would imply losing version suffix
> functionality, this would be a big issue for my packaging arrangements
> for Ubuntu builds.
>
> Right now I keep master and branch daily builds (as well as
> pre-releases) completely independent from stable LyX packages, which
> allows people to blissfully install both stable and bleeding edge
> versions on the same system, without worrying of corrupting their
> production environment. Losing this will probably imply that we can
> install only one build at a time on a given system, which will reduce
> the testing opportunities for bleeding edge code....

This is really no problem at all.
I for one have installed
        # dpkg -l | grep lyx
ii  lyx21                                       2.1.5-45097git
                    amd64        A WYSIWYM (What You See Is What You Mean)
document processor
ii  lyx22                                       2.2.0-47529git
                    amd64        A WYSIWYM (What You See Is What You Mean)
document processor
ii  lyx23                                       2.3.0-47674git
                    amd64        A WYSIWYM (What You See Is What You Mean)
document processor

without any conflicts. All of them created by cpack (called automatically by
cmake).
And changing the suffix handling is not hard, as I wrote in my answer to Georg.

> Liviu
>

> > Georg

        Kornel