Am 07.06.2016 um 14:36 schrieb Kornel Benko <kor...@lyx.org>:

> Am Dienstag, 7. Juni 2016 um 13:57:30, schrieb Stephan Witt <st.w...@gmx.net>

>>> Yes, that’s why I’ve added comments to the list to mark them.

>> Perhaps I misunderstood.
>>
>> These files are required to run LyX but not part of the install target.
>> Basically the files are private frameworks (aka shared libraries) with
>> Qt5.6, hunspell, libmagic and aspell, the translations and plugins
>> from Qt and the dictionaries and thesauri used at runtime.
>
> Shouldn't they be at a location where other programs could access them too?
> That is: outside of ${prefix}?

No. Because other programs don’t need to access them.

The concept of the application bundle on Mac makes it completely
relocatable. One may try LyX as application before „installing“
it. All the essential parts of LyX except the OS libraries are
located inside the bundle.

To have multiple versions of LyX on my system I only have to give
them different names like LyX.app or LyX-2.3.0dev.app.

Stephan