Am Sonntag, 5. Juni 2016 um 16:20:49, schrieb Georg Baum
<georg.b...@post.rwth-aachen.de>
> Kornel Benko wrote:
>
> > OK, starting on the list first. I can only comment on the cmake part.
> >
> > [A] detection of  external  dependencies
> > cmake does full detection IMHO
> > [B] create .rpm
> > cmake creates rpm, deb,
> > [E] create window package
> > don't know, we should ask Peter
> > [I] Reliability
> > why is scons higher then autotools?
> > cmake not reliable?
> > [J] Supported platforms
> > cmake supports all our platforms IMHO
>
> This is an old table, I did not look at it (I re-used an existing page with
> a suitable name).
>
> > Commandline arguments for autotools and cmake (arguments for cmake)
> > custom archiver              -DCMAKE_AR=
> > custom assemble           -DCMAKE_AS=
> > custom C compiler          -DCMAKE_CXX_COMPILER=
> > C++ runtime library       -DLYX_STDLIB_DEBUG=ON
> > included boost               -DLYX_EXTERNAL_BOOST=OFF
> > included hunspell          -DLYX_3RDPARTY_BUILD=ON
> > included zlib                  -DLYX_3RDPARTY_BUILD=ON
> > installation prefix          -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=
> > version suffix                in work
> > verbose compiler output -DLYX_QUIET=OFF
>
> Thanks.
>
> > I started the work. But I have to know, what should be affected by the
> > suffix. Suffix = xy
> > 1.) Installations directory (probably not)
> > 2.) Environment variables (like LYX_USERDIR_xy)
> > 3.) Package name
> > 4.) Program suffixes (lyx2.3.dev)
> > 5.) Data directory (for lyx-system-lib-dir)
> > 6.) Binary dir
>
> The same what is affected by autotools --with-version-suffix ;-)
>
> 2.) to 4.) definitely yes. What is the difference between 1 and 6)? My guess
> would be that this should not be affected.

ATM cmake installs almost everything under the installation directory.
Exceptions are (defaults for versioned)
manuals /usr/local/man, (e.g. /usr/local/man/man1/man1/lyxclient2.3.1)
lyx-icon /usr/local/share/icons/hicolor/scalable/apps/lyx2.3.svg
desktop /usr/local/share/applications/lyx2.3.desktop

So, under the installation directory we find directories
bin, bind, commands, doc, examples, fonts, images, kbd, layouts, locale,
lyx2lyx, scripts, templates tex, ui

Each of them _could_ be installed on different place, one has only to specify
where do we want them.
The prerequisite (IMHO) is that we should be able to install different versions
at the same time. Without conflicts.

> Georg

        Kornel