Dear Kornel,

On 2016-09-22, Kornel Benko wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 22. September 2016 um 21:25:07, schrieb Guenter Milde
> <mi...@users.sf.net>
>> On 2016-09-22, Kornel Benko wrote:

>> > Now, export/doc/es/Additional_pdf4_texF in under label lyxbugs and
>> > under label ert in invertedTests. At the same time in
>> > unreliableTests (mask = export/doc/es/.*_(pdf[45]|dvi3)_texF) under
>> > label wrong_output.

>> > Which of the labels should it be? (now it is wrong_output)

>> Actually both, because this are independent issues:

>> * we know export fails currently (like for de/Additional_pdf4_texF)
>>   due to nonASCII in an ERT inset

>> * we know Spanish has problems with pdf[45]|dvi3)_texF leading to wrong
>>   output without (but not export failure).

>>   # Babel uses the "unicode" strings if it detects XeTeX or LuaTeX.
>>   # This is wrong for Xe/Lua with 8-bit TeX-fonts.

>> Please keep both patterns, even if currently it is not possible to have
>> both labels. This way, the correct label will be applied if one of the
>> issues is solved and the related pattern removed.

> But that is simply not correct.

> You could use for instance
>       Sublabel: wrong_output ert lyxbugs

This would mean, 3 regexp patterns instead of 2 simpler ones
to single out the test case that currently matches for both:

Currently, we have two "orthogonal" clauses:

1. for a problem common to all "Additional.lyx" exports in
   invertedTests:

     #9871 LyX sends invalid Unicode to iconv when converting to ASCII
     # most probably due to BabelPreamble code (language specific headings for
     # theorems, problems , ... are written in the language's default encoding
     # if they contain non-ASCII characters)
     export/doc/(es|fr)/Additional_pdf4_texF

2. for a problem common to all Spanish documents with 8-bit fonts and
   Xe/LuaTeX:

     # Babel-Spanish uses Babel's "strings" feature to define
     # separate auto-strings using UTF-8 literals.
     # Babel uses the "unicode" strings if it detects XeTeX or LuaTeX.
     # This is wrong for Xe/Lua with 8-bit TeX-fonts.
     # set inputenc to utf8?
     # (Changing the default in lib/languages requires more tests for utf8
first.)
     export/examples/es/linguistics_pdf4_texF
     export/doc/es/.*_(pdf[45]|dvi3)_texF

-1 Making an exception for Additonal.lyx in the second pattern complicates
   the regexp considerably.

-1 When one of the two problems is solved, there must be edits at two places.

-1 The two independent problems belong do different "*Test" labeling files.
   Where should the third clause for wrong_output ert lyxbugs go?

It is a quite common case, that documents have more than one "orthogonal"
problem.

It is also a quite common case that a document currently fails to export
but we know that even if it compiles fine the output will be wrong.

I think we need to change the test system to care for this.

One possibility would be run the "invertedtests" filter also for test-cases
matching "unreliableTests" and give them two labels.

Günter