Am Freitag, 23. September 2016 um 07:29:14, schrieb Guenter Milde
<mi...@users.sf.net>
> Dear Kornel,
>
> On 2016-09-22, Kornel Benko wrote:
> > Am Donnerstag, 22. September 2016 um 21:25:07, schrieb Guenter Milde
> > <mi...@users.sf.net>

> >> Actually both, because this are independent issues:
>
> >> * we know export fails currently (like for de/Additional_pdf4_texF)
> >>   due to nonASCII in an ERT inset
>
> >> * we know Spanish has problems with pdf[45]|dvi3)_texF leading to wrong
> >>   output without (but not export failure).
>
> >>   # Babel uses the "unicode" strings if it detects XeTeX or LuaTeX.
> >>   # This is wrong for Xe/Lua with 8-bit TeX-fonts.
>
> >> Please keep both patterns, even if currently it is not possible to have
> >> both labels. This way, the correct label will be applied if one of the
> >> issues is solved and the related pattern removed.
>

> > But that is simply not correct.
>
> > You could use for instance
> >     Sublabel: wrong_output ert lyxbugs
>
> This would mean, 3 regexp patterns instead of 2 simpler ones
> to single out the test case that currently matches for both:

Yes, you have your points ...
In ideal case however, the (inverted|suspended|unreliable)Tests should be empty.

> Currently, we have two "orthogonal" clauses:
>
> 1. for a problem common to all "Additional.lyx" exports in
>    invertedTests:
>
>      #9871 LyX sends invalid Unicode to iconv when converting to ASCII
>      # most probably due to BabelPreamble code (language specific headings for
>      # theorems, problems , ... are written in the language's default
> encoding
>      # if they contain non-ASCII characters)
>      export/doc/(es|fr)/Additional_pdf4_texF
>
> 2. for a problem common to all Spanish documents with 8-bit fonts and
>    Xe/LuaTeX:
>
>      # Babel-Spanish uses Babel's "strings" feature to define
>      # separate auto-strings using UTF-8 literals.
>      # Babel uses the "unicode" strings if it detects XeTeX or LuaTeX.
>      # This is wrong for Xe/Lua with 8-bit TeX-fonts.
>      # set inputenc to utf8?
>      # (Changing the default in lib/languages requires more tests for utf8
> first.)
>      export/examples/es/linguistics_pdf4_texF
>      export/doc/es/.*_(pdf[45]|dvi3)_texF
>

> -1 Making an exception for Additonal.lyx in the second pattern complicates
>    the regexp considerably.

If we could considerably reduce the number of failings, we can also omit
regexes and instead use full test names.

> -1 When one of the two problems is solved, there must be edits at two places.

True :(

> -1 The two independent problems belong do different "*Test" labeling files.
>    Where should the third clause for wrong_output ert lyxbugs go?
>

> It is a quite common case, that documents have more than one "orthogonal"
> problem.

Yes, unfortunately we cannot make tests selective to specific failure.

> It is also a quite common case that a document currently fails to export
> but we know that even if it compiles fine the output will be wrong.
>
> I think we need to change the test system to care for this.
>
> One possibility would be run the "invertedtests" filter also for test-cases
> matching "unreliableTests" and give them two labels.

This contradicts our intent for unreliableTests. To be clear, I have no better
idea.

> Günter

        Kornel