On 03/08/2017 06:13 AM, Irene Dinah Wen wrote:
Hi everyone,

I'm new to LaTeX/Lyx (LyX Version 2.2.2, Windows 10, installed in the last few weeks), and I'm having some issues with printing to PDF that was not addressed in the Introduction/Tutorials. (at least I did not find it)

(1) When I try viewing the introduction/tutorials as a PDF (Ctrl+R), an error occurs. I have not yet figured out what to do fix it. The same function works fine when I create a new document that only contains text (i.e. "Hello World!")

(2) When I tried adding a graphic (*.pdf) to the new document, it encountered the same PDF error until my friend updated my MikTeX packages. However, this has not solved the first issue.

We suspect it is a problem with outdated MikTeX packages, but we're not sure. Hopefully this report helps!

-Irene

P.S. Thanks for the awesome work!
Irene,

We'll need specific details on the error that occurs when you try to view, say, the Introduction help file. After viewing fails, please click Document > LaTeX Log and use the "Next Error" button if necessary to scroll to the first error. Note that text in the log window can be highlighted and copied to clipboard (either by right-clicking it or by the usual Ctrl-C keyboard shortcut).

I suspect your MiKTeX installation is missing some packages used by the Intro and Tutorial documents, which is easily fixed with the MiKTeX package manager ... once we identify which ones you need.

Cheers,
Paul