Am Mittwoch, 29. März 2017 um 12:41:37, schrieb José Abílio Matos
<jama...@lyx.org>
> On Wednesday, 29 March 2017 12.14.29 WEST Kornel Benko wrote:
> > Export tests to previous lyx-versions using python3 are failing.
>
> It should be working now.

Yes, all 990 tests succeeded. (e.g. 'ctest -R '_lyx(16|21|22)$')

> Using iteritems() returns an iterator while items() returns a list in python
> 2.
>
> For python 3 items() returns and iterator and iteritems() does not exists.
>
> Since the list of branches should be small (where I mean < 1000) the
> performance penalty will be negligible and it will work for both versions.
>
> Regards,

So, should we make python3 be the default for lyx2.3?

There is one task remaining. Creation of lyxrc.defaults uses string 'python'
as executable even if lyx is configured for use with python3.
I had to edit this file to get the desired python3 to run the converts.
(Example: \converter fig        pstex      "python -tt $$s/scripts/fig2pstex.py

        Kornel