On 9/05/2017 8:42 a.m., Stephan Witt wrote:
Am 08.05.2017 um 22:26 schrieb Andrew Parsloe <apars...@clear.net.nz>:

On 9/05/2017 2:41 a.m., Scott Kostyshak wrote:
On Mon, May 08, 2017 at 12:14:02PM +1200, Andrew Parsloe wrote:

On windows 7, alpha1-1, the Open dialogue displays the CWD.

For alpha1-1, if you open LyX from the GUI (the Start menu?), and you
create a new document, type something, and go to save or save as, where
is the location in the dialog? i.e. what is the CWD in this case?

Is that experience any different from 2.2.x?

Thanks for testing,

Scott

As far as I can tell from brief testing with LyX 2.1.3, 2.2.2, and alpha1-1, nothing has
changed. Saving a new document in a just-opened LyX offers the directory set in Tools
> Preferences > Paths > Working Directory, say D:/Documents.

The culprit in my case on Mac was the missing entry for document_dir (aka
Working Directory).
If I fill it with the name of my real document directory (e.g.
/Users/stephan/Documents) then
it works for me too. The 2.2.3 LyX doesn’t need that entry in preferences and
uses the platform
specific default value from Qt in this case.

Stephan

If the Working Directory slot is not filled on Windows (or if it contains just a period) File > Open opens to LyX 2.3/bin which seems dangerous to me. I imagine it should be the My Documents folder.

Andrew

---