On 05/27/2017 03:47 AM, Jürgen Spitzmüller wrote:
> Am Freitag, den 26.05.2017, 18:22 -0400 schrieb Richard Heck:
>> So, question: Shouldn't there be some way to set "literal true" as default?
>> Or shouldn't this setting be remembered? It's annoying to have to set it
>> every time.
> We could remember the setting via session.

I'd settle for it being remembered during a session, though that would
be a bonus.

> OTOH, writing things such as p.\ 22 into the citation post field
> strikes me odd. The pagination prefix is something the citation style should
> care about.

Some do, not all. And of course there are other LaTeX constructs you
might want in such places.

Another question: Should the "literal" flag default to true or false?
Having it default to true would be consistent with pre-2.3 behavior.
People who wanted it otherwise could set it once and then it would
(should) be remembered.

Richard