On 19 July 2017 at 12:00, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes <lasgout...@lyx.org> wrote:
> Le 19/07/2017 à 07:48, Christian Ridderström a écrit :
>>
>> If user does not want all these warnings, he could disable them by
>> launching LyX with some option like "--do-not-warn-me-about-unsafe-setting".
>> Instead of having a checkbox for "don't tell me these things again".
>

> It has the same issues as the checkbox when one considers batch command line
> processing. People add the switch to the command line and forget about it.

IMHO a user who does batch processing is pretty advanced...

Regarding setting something in the preference file manually: The only
thing I mind is that it adds a global state to LyX, as opposed to
starting LyX with some parameters. The global state would likely
affect e.g. testing.

/Christian

> The requested operation requires the use of a converter from sweave to
> pdflatex:
> Rscript --verbose --no-save --no-restore $$s/scripts/lyxsweave.R $$p$$i
> This external program can execute arbitrary commands on your system,
> including dangerous ones, if instructed to do so by a maliciously crafted
> .lyx document.
> Your current preference settings forbid its execution.
> (To change this setting, go to Preferences ▹ File Handling ▹ Converters and
> uncheck Security ▹ Forbid needauth converters.)

That's a good message in my opinion, especially as it points out the
"including dangerous ones".