Am 30.09.2017 um 17:58 schrieb Jean-Marc Lasgouttes <lasgout...@lyx.org>:

> Le 29/09/2017 à 10:39, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes a écrit :
>> I suspect I am missing something. I do not see how running view pdflatex may
>> interfere? A screencast, maybe?
>
> Is it that the LyX window is not repainted correctly when it is covered by
> another one?

No, that’s not the problem. It looks like a problem with the „backing store“.
After a resize the work area is shown ok. The cursor movement turns most of
it into black. When the cursor reaches the bottom of the window and the contents
gets scrolled it is ok again - because of the full redraw probably. Moving the
cursor one line up the black screen is back.

The pdflatex run is not the problem. It has the same affect as the cursor down
without the cursor movement - so the whole work area is black. No redraw is
required but the restore of the painted contents does not work, AFAICS.

ATM, I have not enough time to make the screencast, sorry.

Stephan