Am Sonntag, den 31.12.2017, 01:28 -0500 schrieb Scott Kostyshak:
> On Sat, Dec 30, 2017 at 04:07:19PM +0000, Richard Heck wrote:
>
> > That said, this strikes me too as enough of an improvement to
> > warrant a
> > late change.
> > I've found these same aspects of the Beamer implementation
> > unintuitive.
>
> What exactly are we talking about potentially backporting? Is it the
> following changes?
>
> 1. http://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/10954
> 2. http://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/10955
> 3. http://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/10956
> 4. Move entries from Edit menu to Insert menu.

Yes. Plus (possibly) the painter change I proposed in this thread.

> And to be clear, the proposal is to consider these for 2.3.0, right?
> (not, e.g. a later 2.3.x release)

Depends on the layout format change policy. Or we could, as Kornel
suggested, just backport the auto-nest feature now (with the layout
format change), and do the others later.

I'd think: If we touch the docs and strings (two new UI strings BTW,
and [rather small] changes to Customization.lyx, UserGuide.lyx and
beamer.lyx), we could do it now (or later) for all changes.

Jürgen