On 27/10/2022 18:12, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
Concerning the 7in default: I see in LaTeX sources that the default text width is 360pt, that is, 5in. What does the 7in come from? [I am not asking for change, I ask :)]

I am not asking for change, I just answer:

It came from you: https://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/9376#comment:20

(It had to do with a pref2pref requirement you suggested. Since I wasn't able to do it back then and no one else jumped in, the original patch was never committed. Since the new patch does not take care of pref2pref either, I guess it wasn't that important after all. :)

Daniel