On 2022-10-24 00:15, Christopher Hillenbrand wrote:
Dear LyX developers,

Here's a patch for adjusting editor text width in windowed mode (see
ticket https://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/9376). It's an adaptation of
the previous patch uploaded by stwitt (two years ago). Please try it
out when you get a chance!

Since I couldn't access the true screen DPI from within
prefs2prefs.py, this patch removes the old settings \fullscreen_width
and \fullscreen_limit rather than hardcoding a default DPI value. But
if you think a different approach would be preferable, I'd be happy to
change it.

Best regards,
Christopher

By the way, LyX is in good company with this patch:

"Line width and font size

Wikipedia articles will now have a maximum line width, which supports a more comfortable reading experience and better retention of the content. The default font-size has also been increased to make reading long paragraphs more comfortable. (4/9)"

(https://twitter.com/Wikipedia/status/1615756196820168705)

Maybe time for making the limited line width the new default (at least after it has been tested thoroughly)? :)

Best regards,
Daniel