From: Juergen Spitzmueller [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Mon 20-Mar-06 11:39
To: lyx-devel@lists.lyx.org
Subject: Re: qt4: remove (2nd) add dialog in add bib tex ref dialog

Leuven, E. wrote:
> what is wrong with a simple dialog + an add... push button that pops up a
> filedialog?
>
> who cares if you need to traverse a couple of directories to find the bib
> file?

As Georg wrote, it is conceptually wrong, since LaTeX has a PATH for bibtex
files. I admit that lots of people do not add their bibtex files there, but
it should be possible nonetheless to select a file from there without
entering the whole path. Think of a document that is used on different
machines that have different TeX setups.

Moreover, I'd like to educate the users to put their files in the path. And I
want to have that list immediately, because I always put my bibfiles there.

That's probably because I'm working with quite large bibtex files that are
used over and over again in articles and books. But that's mainly what bibtex
was designed for, wasn't it?

Jürgen