Hello.

The current English tutorial.lyx in rc1 does not yield clean PDFs on
three levels:

1. There are a few minor typographical problems – catched with (builtin)
chktex.
En-dashes, footnote-spacing, excess space(~).

These are hopefully improved upon in the attached .lyx-file.

(From the existing I deduced that the desired behavior was to conform to
Bringhurst‘s guide: endash surrounded with spaces.)

2. Then there are problems with lines running into the margin:

These are the following: occuring with default a4-papersize.

– Exercise: Fix the section and subsection headings in example_raw.lyx.

– Exercise: Correctly typeset the Quote, LYX-Code, and Verse in
example_raw.lyx

—    If you want to know more about this document, then see Section .

These I did not try to fix in the attached file since I didn’t find
something like a style-guide for LyX-documentation.

3. In section 3.2 designating paragraphs deviates (only optically?) from
the rest of the document in apparently using indention and skips.
For my own documents I would insert a pagebreak there.

mn