El 22.04.2017 a las 21:33, mn escribió:

Notice that in your output it is not "Control-⇥" (this is copied from
LyX for Mac) with the missing character/symbol but "Ctrl+Tab".

I don't understand. The correct shortcut name is "Ctrl+Tab" I see this in the English and the Arabic shortcuts.lyx file. Where do you see "Control-⇥"? What is your LyX version?

That LyX's Info inset cannot handle RTL languages is a known problem:
http://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/10463

But what kind of impression does this make on users so new and
interested in LyX that they actually want to read the Arabic doc-files?

LyX is a community project. For years we had Hebrew people who helped to get RTL working with LyX and LaTeX. Later an Iranain guy helped and eventually he and the Hebrew people implemented support for Arabic because. 2 years ago Hatim joined LyX by translating some doc files and reporting bugs and testing fixes. For the upcoming LyX 2.3 (alpha 1 will be released in a few days) we could improve the RTL support and can now provide support for Urdu. Nevertheless we need help from people like you - who can read Arabic and has background info. So I hereby invite you to join the LyX team and work on the Arabic support. If you want to help and therefore need more info how to contribute, please tell me.

In general I don't think that the missing language support for the info inset is a big problem. It is only used in the English doc files and in shortcuts.lyx. But of course this should be fixed. So i

best regards
Uwe