On 23.04.17 01:11, Uwe Stöhr wrote:
> El 22.04.2017 a las 21:33, mn escribió:
>
>> Notice that in your output it is not "Control-⇥" (this is copied from
>> LyX for Mac) with the missing character/symbol but "Ctrl+Tab".
>
> I don't understand. The correct shortcut name is "Ctrl+Tab" I see this
> in the English and the Arabic shortcuts.lyx file. Where do you see
> "Control-⇥"? What is your LyX version?

Here it is 2.2.2 on OS X and I see this character on screen in the editor.
You do not see this because Win and Linux (I checked only Linux) display
"Ctrl+Tab" but Mac does not. There it is "Control-missingsymbol".

As far as I understand, this is generated by LyX internally according to
platform. (This is so that new buffer maps to "Command-N" etc.)

But strangely pdflatex output translates this then to Tab whereas XeTeX
outputs an empty square at best (show output anyway).

I guess that means anyone on Mac who tries to actually print out the
docs and wants the presumed easy way to better looking fonts that are
not in the pdflatex dialog and therefore chooses XeTeX will run into
this error.

It certainly now effects two of three Arabic files in docs as they are
if you are on a Mac.

Since it is generated that way and should change according to platform
it is not possible to just write it out.
Somehow I thought this LyX-automaton would gets it clues from mac.bind,
but there Tab is spelled out.

greetings
Mike