On Fri, Jul 10, 2015 at 07:37:30AM +0200, Daniel CLEMENT wrote:
> Le jeudi 09 juillet 2015 à 10:53 -0700, Bob Alvarez a écrit :
> > >
> > > 1. I usually turn my computer off at night. I see the disk scanning when
> > > I first start Lyx after the computer has been off. After the first
> > > opening, I do not see the scanning if I close Lyx and then re-open it
> > >

> > This is not correct. Lyx seems to scan the flash drive every time I open it.
> >
> > Bob
> >
> Forgive a trivial suggestion, but could it be that a file was opened
> directly from the flash drive, and would still be in the recent files
> list?

Bob are you subscribed to lyx-users? I just want to make sure you got
Daniel's suggestion (see the quote above), which I think is a good one
to check.

Besides that, I'm really not sure what to suggest. On Linux figuring out
what LyX is trying to access (even if it does not exist) would be a
simple exercise of using 'strace', or even when you see the scanning be
done just run 'lsof'. I do not know much about Windows though.

Scott