On Thu, 16 Jun 2016, Paul A. Rubin wrote:

Any reason you need minipages as opposed to columns?

Paul,

  No. I considered columns, but years ago I learned to use minipages in
beamer so I followed that practice.

To make this slide, I would start with a Frame environment, then under
that create a "Columns Center Aligned" environment and nest it under the
Frame. From there, I'd create a "Column" environment, setting its width
and nesting it under the "Columns Center Aligned" environment. Next, add
content and nest it under the "Column". Now repeat with a second "Column"
and more content.

One annoying feature to note: if you go back and add something under the
first column, it de-nests the second column. Not fatal, but you need to keep
an eye on it.

  I'll take this approach for a test drive.

Thanks,

Rich