On 07/02/2016 11:15 PM, Jonathan Horton wrote:
To whom this may concern,

I want to insert a blackboard bold 1 in lyx (For the identity matrix) (Unicode: 𝟙), but I can't seem to find anyway to do it. I tried changing the encoding to the various unicode types in the document settings (Document->Settings->Language-Encoding-Other), but all of the encoding types produce errors. In LaTeX, typically dsfont is used, but \(\mathds{1}\) produces no result (within lyx).
But it does work on the output, right? At least, once you add \usepackage{dsfont} to the preamble. Worked for me.

I could import the package in the preamble (Document>Settings>Preamble) via \usepackage{dsfont} (untested), but I would like to avoid the Evil Red Text.
I have never run into this, but I also never tried it. You could use \mathbb{I} instead -- but the blackboard bolds within math mode, as far as I know, only apply to capital Roman letters (I use R, C, H, and Z all the time).

--

David L. Johnson
Department of Mathematics