Le 03/07/2016 05:15, Jonathan Horton a écrit :
To whom this may concern,

I want to insert a blackboard bold 1 in lyx (For the identity matrix)
(Unicode: 𝟙), but I can't seem to find anyway to do it. I tried
changing the encoding to the various unicode types in the document
settings (Document->Settings->Language-Encoding-Other), but all of the
encoding types produce errors. In LaTeX, typically dsfont is used, but
\(\mathds{1}\) produces no result (within lyx).

I could import the package in the preamble (Document>Settings>Preamble)
via \usepackage{dsfont} (untested), but I would like to avoid the Evil
Red Text.

Your guidance on the matter is greatly appreciated,

Cheers,

Dear Jonathan,

If you use \mathbb{1} in LyX, this produces the desired output
after loading a font package such as stix. Now, this does not look so
good in the LyX window currently. Then, what you can do is define a LyX
macro that outputs \mathbb{1}, but displays like \bf{1} insie LyX, for
instance.

Cheers,
Guillaume