On Sat, 16 Jul 2016 19:48:28 +0000 (UTC) "Paul A.Rubin ru...@msu.edu"
informed me of this:

        > Charlie <ariestao1 <at> ipstarmail.com.au> writes:
>

> > On Thu, 14 Jul 2016 19:29:55 +0000 (UTC) "Paul A.Rubin rubin <at>
> >     msu.edu" informed me of this:
> >
> >     > Can you post a minimal example of this (both .lyx
> >     >       and .pdf
> >     files)?
> >
> > Quickly did this as I had time, but previously only did in full page
> > pictures. This time just text - please see the custom size.
> >
> > Quickly tried it in Memoir and Koma- article. Result the same.
> >
> > With a full page picture, landscape the picture goes out past the
> >     right page, with the text landscape it actually pulls it
> >     into the portrait boundary?
>
> I may be of only limited help here. I couldn't open the PDF file
>       (Evince doesn't believe it's a PDF, and unfortunately I don't
>       have Acrobat Reader on the machine I'm using). I could open
>       the LyX file, but had to comment out the line loading the
>       tgbonoum package (which I don't have). Hopefully that doesn't
>       affect anything.
>
> With that done, I could compile the test document (I used a couple of
> different formats). It came out the way it was supposed to, but that
>       may not be the way you intended. You specified a custom size
>       of 17.78 cm height and 22.86 cm width. That defines a page
>       that is wider than it is tall. You also picked landscape
>       mode, which means the output should be 22.86 cm high and
>       17.78 cm wide (taller than wide), which the output was.
>
> If you're trying to get output that's wider than tall, then either
>       specify a wide page size in portrait mode OR a narrow page
>       size in landscape mode, but not both.
>
> The text did not run off the page for me, but it ran right up to the
>       edge of the page, consistent with your specifying zero
>       margins on all sides.
>
> Paul

Wow!

I just checked the document and it was 17.78 cm height and 22.86 cm
wide. Not the other way round.

But you reckon it was 22.86 cm hight and 17.78 wide which would be
portrait? That's weird.

Maybe others might quickly look at that document and inform me that
they see what you see as well. That would mean my system LyX is really
wrong and it may have to be purged and reinstalled?

I did specify landscape, but I suppose you saw that when you looked in
the Document->settings->Page format->orientation

Well there you go. I wouldn't use adobe acrobat reader fortunately. But
I might test it with that on a friends machine.

Thanks for your input.

Stay well,
Charlie

--
        Registered Linux User:- 329524

        True friendship can afford true knowledge. It does not depend
        on darkness and ignorance. ..Henry David Thoreau

        Debian GNU/Linux - Magic indeed.