Ahmad Abdullah wrote:
> Are
>  you saying that I can still check in and check out LyX documents using
> File/Version Control menu if I use git? I am not aware of that at all.

You might want to look at Help->Additional Features, section "Version Control
in LyX".

Most probably too late since you already switched to git, but anyway -
for your original problem, my guess is that you have different user name
at work and at home. LyX uses RCS in the way that only the same name which
locked the document can unlock it again. So if you have different username
it will choke on that.

Second problem might by that OneDrive does not correctly store read-only
flags of the files, which is for RCS/SVN critical because they use locking.

Pavel