Hi Jurgen,

I tried the ones that failed AFTER trying the ones you suggested, but all failed. I have put the statement in the Latex preamble under Document/settings. I am not using itemize subitem explicitly anywhere here-- I am creating a table of contents with section, subsection, subsubsection-- Lyx is dong the rest. I know it should be doable, since I have seen presentations with the correct appearance, but I do not have the Lyx/Latex source for those.

Thanks for your help,

Ehud Kaplan