-----Original Message-----
From: lyx-users@lists.lyx.org [mailto:lyx-users@lists.lyx.org] On Behalf Of
Andrew Parsloe
Sent: torsdag 17. november 2016 10.43
To: lyx-users@lists.lyx.org
Subject: Re: Numbering of Theorems, etc.

On 17/11/2016 9:43 p.m., Bernt Lie wrote:
> [...]

    LyX doesn't supply all the modules necessary to use AMS environments
numbered by type within
    chapters. I ran into this problem some weeks ago but found I could create
or adjust the necessary
    modules using the supplied ones as models. I've attached the new/adjusted
ones to this email. Place
    them in the layouts folder of your personal LyX directory.
    Then you will need to reconfigure LyX so it knows of them.

    There are dependencies among the modules which is why some can't be added
or deleted without
    others.
--
Thanks, Andrew...

* I will probably be able to figure out what the "layouts folder of your
personal LyX directory" is. I *assume* that what I have to do, is simply save
the attached files in this folder. (Explorer... using %appdata%, I found folder
layouts under LyX2.2.)

* "Then you will need to reconfigure LyX so it knows of them". Here, I'm lost
as to what this means. Does this simply mean: go into Document Settings of LyX,
and add the new modules in the Modules part? Or something entirely different?

-Bernt