On Fri, 18 Nov 2016 20:45:11 +0000 (UTC)
Guenter Milde <mi...@users.sf.net> wrote:

> On 2016-11-18, Steve Litt wrote:
> > On Fri, 18 Nov 2016 11:36:08 +0000
> > F M Salter <fmsal...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>
> >>     I would like to raise a question for everyone about what I am
> >> describing as fragility in LyX.
>
> >>     I use Lyx as a method of recording my own thinking on various
> >> subjects including mathematical analyses, a tool to annotate
> >> material (usually academic papers which can not be annotated
> >> directly) and to prepare papers for publication.  I feel that the
> >> fragility I am detecting may be increasing and would then be
> >> attributibe directly to LyX.  However, I am increasingly using
> >> more advanced techniques and these may be the cause of the events
> >> which am noting rather than with LyX itself.
>
> > [snip]
>
> >>     Finally, am I missing anything glaringly obvious to you out
> >> there?
>
> > Yes. You're using the wrong tool for recording all thoughts. At the
> > top level, you should be using an outline processor: I recommend
> > VimOutliner.

> Is this also suited to write mathematical analysis fast and
> good-looking???
>
> Günter

HECKNO!!!

Remember I said "At the top level?" The beauty of VimOutliner is that
with an easy hotkey it can spawn LyX editing your math analysis, or a
music editor editing your new song, or Inkscape editing your new
logo, and when you're brainstorming, you're using VimOutliner itself
to host your idea hierarchy in realtime. With VimOutliner at the top
level, you're always using the right tool, and all your knowledge is in
a single tree, easily drilled down to whatever you need at the time.

SteveT

Steve Litt
November 2016 featured book: Quit Joblessness: Start Your Own Business
http://www.troubleshooters.com/startbiz