Le 18/11/2016 à 12:36, F M Salter a écrit :
    I would like to raise a question for everyone about what I am
describing as fragility in LyX.

    I use Lyx as a method of recording my own thinking on various
subjects including mathematical analyses, a tool to annotate material
(usually academic papers which can not be annotated directly) and to
prepare papers for publication.  I feel that the fragility I am
detecting may be increasing and would then be attributibe directly to
LyX.  However, I am increasingly using more advanced techniques and
these may be the cause of the events which am noting rather than with
LyX itself.

Dear Frank,

My recommendation is to take the time to help with the detailed
recording of the bugs you experience, like you have begun to do, on the
bug tracker at http://www.lyx.org/trac/wiki/BugTrackerHome. I have the
same experience that with more advanced use, one sees more bugs. This is
surely because lyx allows many different uses, including ones not
thought about in advance by developers. Sometimes bugs also appear
with new releases. Surely, with everybody using lyx differently, it is
hard to get proper testing before a release. I started reporting bugs a
few years ago, and many have been fixed since. Patience pays off.

Guillaume