On Sat, 21 Jan 2017, Paul A. Rubin wrote:

I bound a sequence (Ctrl+Alt+Return) to "call newframe", so that I can
start a new frame from pretty much anywhere within reason. When I'm
writing a slide show, I usually can't spare the brain cells to figure out
where the cursor is. ;-)

Paul,

  I must be missing a step. I tried Ctrl+Alt+N and reconfigured. Does
nothing when cursor is at the end of the last item in a frame. Deleted that
key and tried yours, Ctrl+Alt+Return, with the same lack of results. Curious
that it does not work here but does for you.

  From that cursor position the Edit menu offers the item of a new parent
frame with Alt+P Shift+Return.

Rich