On 04/05/2017 01:38 PM, Rich Shepard wrote:
It's not uncommon for me to re-arrange .lyx documents by moving or copying them to different subdirectories. I will move or copy embedded figures, too,
but the settings are not automatically updated. As a result, I need to go
through the document (which might contain many figures, 52 in today's
document) and manually change the settings to point to the proper location.

  Is there a way to do this with a single command, similar to a global
search-and-replace? If so, please point me to the appropriate doc.

TIA,

Rich

Rich,

The .lyx file is text, so you could use something like sed, or open it in a text editor and do a global S&R.

FWIW, I typically uses relative paths to figures. On something I'm working on now, there's an "images" subfolder in its home folder, and so figures refer to "images/<filename>". As long as I keep the images folder together with the document in a move, I shouldn't need to update anything.

Paul