Roberto,

If you use dropbox, can't you just put ALL the files there and edit
from there?

I am using a Mac and I can open and save files from LyX on the dropbox
directories, including generating the PDF, so I am sure something
similar will work on Windoze.

I would them use Version Control and make sure your collaborators use
that when editing their files.

        https://wiki.lyx.org/LyX/VersionControlInstallationAndUsage

Now that you mention it, my mother, 23 years ago, at 64, never having
touched a computer before, figured out how to use UUPC and MicroEmacs
on DOS, so she could email me in Namibia :-)-O.

For full disclosure I must confess that I wrote her a wrapper script
(3000 lines BAT :-)-O), bought her the modem (1200/2400 baud and I
think at that stage still illegal in Germany) and set up her uucp
neighbor.

To ask for a rewrite because (presumably academic) collaborators, can't
handle a few clicks makes no sense to me.

"computer-unsavvy" is Latin for lazy, right?

el